Beach guidance counselors sponsor annual college night, students learn of future possibilities

Sam White

College and university representatives stand at their booths to hand out informative brochures and answer questions for prospective students at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.

Students and parents from the district gather to learn about post-high school education opportunities.

On Oct. 25, Virginia Beach City Public Schools held their annual college information night for middle and high school students at the Convention Center.

According to the Virginia Beach City Public Schools website, the event consisted of over 170 colleges, trade schools, universities, community colleges, and military representatives.  This gave both the students and the parents a chance to ask all of their burning questions ranging from admission requirements to college life and everything else in between.

“I thought it was a great opportunity to see what different colleges are out there and to see what kind of future you want,” said senior Jormain Glasgow.