Theatre assembles ‘The Hearing’ for annual one-act play

Cast+of+The+Hearing+gathers+together+for+a+picture+in+the+auditorium+on+Jan.+23%2C+2023.+

Angelina Rifenburgh

Cast of “The Hearing” gathers together for a picture in the auditorium on Jan. 23, 2023.

OLTC presents a play about eight people who decide the fate of a well-known doctor through sacrifice and compromise. 

“The Hearing takes place in a courtroom, and the case is about a widely known doctor Addison who may bring good to the future,” said senior Karsan Thomas. “However, he cannot because he has been involved in an accident and passed away. The Representatives of Order are presented with eight possible candidates who must be willing to reverse time and place the doctor, so he can live and achieve great things.”

Although auditions for “The Hearing” have concluded, students can attend the interest meeting for the spring musical, “Grease,” on Jan. 17, after school to learn more about the next spring musical production. 

“There are so many ways to be involved with OLTC. People who want to be involved can audition and apply for crew,” said senior Reid Rasmussen. 

The play will debut on Feb. 2, 2023, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium and will offer a free public performance, and it will return during Founder’s Week for those who want to attend.  Sectionals and Regionals for the VHSL competition will be held on Feb. 4 and 8 at Grassfield High School. Stay tuned for their States’ results with a performance held in early March.

“The play’s set and tech elements are simple, so preparing for the top of the show is a very quick and smooth process. Additionally, we’ve been rehearsing almost every day and it’s shown through each rehearsal how much progress we have made,” said Karsan. 

Students, staff and family members will have an opportunity to watch the show during Founder’s Week for free admission. 

“Students that wish to become involved in OLTC, should contact Claude Blanchard or Patrick Rostock (the Company Directors). We are always looking for dedicated, hard-working and positive students to join the company, and we’re not just looking for actors; we will train students to work backstage or in technical crew positions,” said Blanchard.