Back to Article
Back to Article

Humans of OL: Jackson Varga

Depicts Jackson Varga standing with a Rockette in Radio
City Music Hall. Picture taken by tour department.

Depicts Jackson Varga standing with a Rockette in Radio City Music Hall. Picture taken by tour department.

Humans of OL: Jackson Varga

“My friend that I marched with this past season at drum core, she did [Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade] in 2017 and she told me that I should audition for it. So then I just did. I made it, and they sent me a letter and gave me all the information that I needed to fill out, and I did. Then six months later, I was in New Jersey rehearsing for the Macy’s Parade. We stayed in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, but we rehearsed in Tinac in a place called the armory, which is just like a big military soccer field. Afterwards, we went to see the musical Wicked, went on a tour to Radio City Music Hall, and I got to meet a Rockette. She was scary. 

She was like “Hi!” the entire time.

This was easily one of the best experiences, and I want to do it next year. Just have fun and be extroverted and get out of your shell when you try to do these things because that just makes it more fun, “ said Jackson Varga.

The Current • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in