Class of 2025 raises money with pie fundraiser

Ashley+Adams+and+Eric+Jaworski+get+pied+in+the+face+at+the+Spring+Assembly+as+a+way+to+fundraise+for+the+Class+of+2025+on+April+7%2C+2023.+

Jade McAboy

Ashley Adams and Eric Jaworski get pied in the face at the Spring Assembly as a way to fundraise for the Class of 2025 on April 7, 2023.

Class of 2025 launched a fundraiser at the spring assembly where two teachers got pied in the face.

Earlier in April, voting jars were placed in the cafeteria, so students could donate money to a select teacher to get pied. The more money in their jar, the more votes they had, and the more likely they were to get pied in the face.

“My goal was to lift the spirits of the students by doing a fun activity and simultaneously raising money for the class of 2025,” said class president Lauren Bulleigh.

Lauren and Gillian Gutierrez were the chosen students to pie English teacher Ashley Adams and Spanish teacher Eric Jaworski at the assembly.

“The pie in the face competition is all in good fun, and the class of 2025 is grateful for all participating teachers,” said Tina Treptor, one of the class sponsors. 

During the assembly, teachers were asked why they think they got the most money for the contest.

“I think I got picked because all the students love my dance moves in class,” said Jaworski with a smile.

The fundraiser money will be put in the Class of 2025’s fund to help pay for important class activities, like Ring Dance, and with the assembly stunt, they raised close to $250.

“We wanted to create a fun way to fundraise, while also giving our class more outreach,” said class treasurer Nina Elizondo.