No injury can stop this running back

Jordan+McNair+walks+off+the+field+at+Kempsville+High+School+after+scoring+a+touchdown+for+Ocean+Lakes+on+Sept.+8%2C+2023.+
Larissa Almendras
Jordan McNair walks off the field at Kempsville High School after scoring a touchdown for Ocean Lakes on Sept. 8, 2023.

As the quarterback receives the ball, he hands it off to Jordan McNair. Speeding past his opponents, he rushes to the endzone for a touchdown. 

“He is a great leader on and off the field and a key player for the team,” said junior Josiah Lloyd. 

Jordan has been an asset to the school’s football team as the starting running back for the past three years, but his football career has had some setbacks.

“Last year, I had a knee injury that made me sit out for half of the season,¨ said Jordan.

During his junior year, he suffered from a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) tear on his right knee; however, that didn’t stop him. In fact, it only made him more eager to improve.

Now a senior, Jordan devotes his time to daily practice both at school and at home, as well as on the weekends, to ensure that he stays on top of his game for the team.

After a successful first game against Landstown, ending in a score of 13-12, Jordan continues to show how much effort he puts into football each game.

Currently, Jordan is the leading rusher in the Hampton Roads with 553 yards. In the past four games, he has made two touchdowns and hopes to make more on Tuesday, Sept. 26 at Floyd E. Kellam High School.

“Jordan has a lot to offer. He is a playmaker and has the most yards on the team. He is always healthy; the team can always count on him to be there and count on him to show up,” said head coach James Yeager.

View Comments (2)
Larissa Almendras
Larissa Almendras, Staff Writer
Larissa Almendras is a sophomore and a first-year journalist for The Current. She enjoys taking pictures for Ocean Lakes sports, reading and watching movies. She hopes to attend James Madison University and pursue a career in photography.

• D

DevonOct 3, 2023 at 12:34 pm

Great Job Jordan working through your injury, Best of luck this season! And great writing Larissa!

Reply
  • D

Deserae DruryOct 2, 2023 at 6:52 pm

Well said✨

Reply