Push to October

The Houston Astros rush Minute Maid Park after recording the final out of the 2022 World Series on Nov. 5. Photo used with permission from Tim Bradbury.

The push to October begins for the 2023 MLB season.
So far this season, the Atlanta Braves have the best record within the MLB with 104 wins and only 58 losses.
“The Atlanta Braves are an electrifying team with so much talent,” said junior Dylan Gallahue. “They are definitely in talks for winning it all.”
The Oakland Athletics have the worst record in the MLB with 50 wins and 112 losses.
A history of such wins and losses fulfills their hopes for October and promises them their future. With the Oakland Athletics team having significantly more losses than wins, it leaves them out of both contention and conversation this season.
“The Oakland Athletics are definitely the worst team in baseball and never seem to surprise anyone,” said sophomore Trey Hinshaw.
Every team has pushed themselves to their limit to play the best baseball they possibly can.
“You can see how competitive and serious players are on the field. You can see how much they really want it,” said junior Brentlee Powers.
Every four-game series is crucial. If they win, they could win the division or win the wild card.
For example, the Baltimore Orioles recently played the Tampa Bay Rays in a four-game series, whereas the Baltimore Orioles won the series clinching their playoff berth.
“The series was electric watching the teams compete for something bigger than themselves,” said Brentlee.
This is the set-up for the most competitive time in baseball for the players and all fans who tune in to watch the upsets and sweeps.
“I’m excited and impatient for how all this turns out and to see the tears of happiness and sadness when one team ultimately wins it all,” said Trey.