Boys lacrosse welcomes new players in fall conditioning

Robert Bush
Boys lacrosse gather around as they listen to varsity coach Mark Keller share a pep talk during their game against OBX at Princess Anne Athletic Complex in Virginia Beach, VA, on Oct. 30,2023.

Boys lacrosse has recently begun to welcome new players as they start their fall conditioning in preparation for their spring season.

“In the fall, we focus more on individual development and getting new players out and onto the field with the older, more experienced players,” said boys lacrosse coach Mark Keller.

One of the main aspects of being on the team is the environment the boys create.

“Everyone is great with each other and we’re all friends,” said sophomore Mason Arthurs.

Every year the team manages to gather a group of new players looking to grow their skills.

“I joined the lacrosse team because it was new and interesting to me,” said senior team captain Luke Ruble.

The team hopes to grow and get stronger as the school year progresses.

“I feel the team has grown a lot and I’ve seen the new players progress and get better throughout the season so far,” said Mason.