Student talent dominates during Spring Spirit Assembly

Back to Article
Back to Article

The step team performs their routine at the Spring Spirit Assembly in the gym. Photo on April 5, 2019

Chloe Bishop

Chloe Bishop

Chloe Bishop

Chloe Bishop, Staff Writer

Between a senior’s heartfelt speech, dance, step, indoor percussion’s Into the Woods performance, student talent took over the fourth nine weeks’ Spring Spirit Assembly.

Senior Will Spollen delivered spoke to students about working hard and conquering the challenges life may bring. 

“You have to work, follow your interests, and seek out the undefinable,” said Will. “Everyone has the potential to leave an impact.”

Royalty, the step team, never disappoints with their talented performances and loaded choreography.

“I loved their faces; they were energetic and looked like they were owning it,” said senior Julia Abrams. “That’s what gets the crowd most riled up.”

Indoor percussion performed Into The Woods, their Atlantic Indoor competition piece.

SCA volunteered athletes and staff for a game of Hungry Hippos, and the sophomores won with a surprising 39 balls. The assembly came to a conclusion with P.E. teacher Yogi Boothe’s “I Am Somebody” speech.