Band director tagged by the Superintendent

Tasha Hurst

Dr. Claire Leblanc nominated band director Michael Parker for the “Tagged by Superintendent” award, and the award was presented at a recent faculty meeting.

Band director Michael Parker was recently “tagged” by the beach superintendent for his lively attitude and dedication in and out of the classroom.

“Mr. Parker has done a phenomenal job with the band. He is making a difference every day in the lives of his students and band members. Mr. Parker models professional, moral, and ethical standards for his students. He continually reflects on, evaluates, and seeks improvement of his teaching. Mr. Parker works with parents, family and community entities to support student learning and their well-being. He expects that all his students can and will achieve in the classroom and competition. Mr. Parker does not give up on underachievers. He is in his classroom early and ready to teach. Mr. Parker engages students and keeps them motivated with varied, lively approaches. He is warm, accessible, enthusiastic and caring,” said LeBlanc, who nominated him.