Let the homecoming festivities begin

Juniors+spent+weeks+decorating+their+hall+for+the+decorating+contest+that+was+held+Fri.%2C+Nov.+1+from+2%3A00+-+4%3A30+p.m.+

Abbey Hicks

Juniors spent weeks decorating their hall for the decorating contest that was held Fri., Nov. 1 from 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.

As homecoming approaches, Ocean Lakes has its traditions that will be here yet again. With spirit week, the homecoming assembly, and a homecoming game, the whole school buzzes with spirited shenanigans.

Homecoming week officially begins on Nov. 4.

Spirit week will consist of Meme Day Monday, Take a Break Tuesday (no school for students), Dynamic Duo Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and I Love OL Day Friday (suitable for the all-school assembly).

Homecoming court nominees were selected with four elected for freshman court, four people selected for sophomore court, six people selected for junior court, and eight people for senior court.

“Ethan and I ran because Ethan has never been to homecoming before. I am in the SCA, a cheerleader, and in the rock painting club,” said junior Abby Scharnitzky.

Running for homecoming court can open doors and give students an outlet to get even more involved.

¨I wanted to run for homecoming court this year because I can’t be a part of Mr. OL. I also am a participant in track and SCA,” said junior Alan Ledezma.