Beloved One Lunch returns

Fara Wiles
Sophomores Jayden Hahn, Aaron Betrand, Patrick Cook rally with friends in room 127 during One Lunch to eat and socialize.

It’s finally here, students. One Lunch makes a return for the 2023-2024 school year.

One Lunch consists of students from all grade levels sharing 40 minutes every day to eat, socialize, meet with teachers, do homework or play sports. 

The last time Ocean Lakes implemented One Lunch was in 2019; therefore, not a single current student has experienced this opportunity. 

“We were always cheated out of having One Lunch,” said senior Luke Rubell. “COVID took it away for three years, so no one is looking forward to it more than us seniors.”

One Lunch will occur between the third and fourth block. 

“I’m excited to sit and hangout with all my friends even if we don’t have classes together,” said freshman Cole Stutton. 

In past years, lunch time was distributed between three 30-minute periods with a risk of separation from friends. However, now students are free to scatter the school without being confined to the cafeteria. 

“We have a wonderful culture of extracurriculars at Ocean Lakes, and One Lunch will give us an opportunity to further explore our interests during the school day. I’m excited to see how much we can accomplish with the additional time,” said senior Revanth Renukunta.