New One Lunch schedule to start

Chloe Purvis
One Lunch schedule for the 2023-2024 school year which shows information on tutoring and release times.

One Lunch has returned after three years. It will be held after third block, from 11:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

At 11:45 a.m., a whistle will sound on the alarm system which releases all seniors with excused fourth blocks. Seniors who do not exit the building at this time, must stay in the building until the end of One Lunch.

All other students are released for lunch at 11:50 p.m., and some may decide to attend tutoring sessions throughout the building but may only do so if they have an assigned tutoring pass.

“For example, on Mondays, math students with a green pass from their teacher will be permitted to go in the cafeteria at 11:45 p.m. to beat the crowds,” said assistant principal Leah Nelson. 

If a student needs to be in a classroom upstairs, they must be in that room by 11:55 p.m. Passes are required to go upstairs past 11:55 p.m. One Lunch will conclude at 12:25 p.m., allowing students five minutes to get to their fourth block class. 

Places available for lunch, along with off-limit areas will be shown to students during their second block class on Aug. 28, 2023. 

“In order for us to have this privilege, we all need to work together to make this a safe and positive environment,” said Nelson.