Local business falls into October festivities, come support local vendors

Cereal candles for sale rest on a table by Ardent Candle at the Anderson’s fall festival on Oct. 7, 2023.

Anderson’s Garden Center had its annual fall festival on Oct. 7, 2023, with many families attending to experience unique fall events and activities.
The festival had free admissions for everyone, and activities, such as pumpkin painting, face painting, food trucks, hayrides and more, busied customers.
“My favorite activity was the pumpkin painting because of the variety of ways you could design your pumpkin,” said Landstown sophomore, Nayeli Griego, a high school student who attended the fall festival.

There were many different activities, as well as local vendors with a variety of products, including custom mugs, jewelry, paintings, custom-scented candles, and other merchandise decorated the venue.
“Since I have a scent company, it’s hard for people to know what the candles smell like, so I vendor locally, so my customers can smell all the different types of candles,” said Ardent Candle Company employee Lianna Pevar.
Although the 2023 Anderson festival has passed, they have more upcoming events such as an outdoor Halloween movie-watching party on Oct. 21 and Halloween breakfast on Oct. 28, where attendees are to arrive in a costume and join together for a spooky breakfast prepared by Sage Kitchen.
“I had such a fun time. There were amusing activities, merchandise and food. All treats, no tricks,” said Nayeli.