National Honors Society conducts first-ever virtual blood drive

Senior+Hailey+Bombard+promotes+the+virtual+blood+drive+poster+in+the+gym+foyer+on+April+22%2C+2024.+Bombard+is+the+co-blood+drive+committee+chairman+for+National+Honors+Society.+
Chloe Purvis
Senior Hailey Bombard promotes the virtual blood drive poster in the gym foyer on April 22, 2024. Bombard is the co-blood drive committee chairman for National Honors Society.

National Honors Society 2024 will host a virtual blood drive from April 8 to May 17, 2024. By partaking in a virtual blood drive, you pledge to donate blood at any of the blood drive locations. 

Anyone 16 years or older can donate as long as they meet certain height and weight requirements and be in good physical health at the time of donation. One donation of blood can save up to three lives, according to the National Institutes of Health. 

As of April 21, 2024, 30 donors have pledged to give blood.

“The virtual drive is through the Red Cross’ website,” said senior and blood drive committee chairman Brandon Cheng. “After pledging, if the participant wishes to donate, they would go to one of the Red Cross donation dates which we’ve listed on our Google Form.”