Academy students recognized for perfect standardized test scores

Sheila Jones

Virginia Beach City Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Aaron Spence and School Board Chairwoman Beverly Johnson award Cole Faggert for a perfect score of 1,600 on the SAT. Jan. 8, 2019.

Math and Science Academy students Cole Faggert and Noah Do were recently recognized by the Virginia Beach School Board for earning perfect SAT and ACT scores, respectively.

Senior Cole Faggert earned a perfect score of 1600 on the SAT. The test is split into two sections: mathematics and evidence-based reading and writing.

“I was in the drive-through at Chick-fil-a and saw my score in between ordering and getting food. My window was still open, so I’m sure someone heard me screaming with joy,” said Cole.

Junior Noah Do achieved the highest possible score on the ACT: 36. The assessment tests students’ mathematics, science, and reading skills. Each of the four sections are scored on a scale of 1-36. The average of each section makes up the students’ composite score.

Cole and Noah were invited to the School Board’s most recent meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 8 to be awarded certificates for their achievements.

“My two tips for advice for people the SAT is to study and be confident in yourself. Study enough that it becomes common and familiar,” said Cole. “If you maintain that confidence, it will help carry you through the test with good results.”

Virginia Beach City Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Aaron Spence and School Board Chairwoman Beverly Johnson award Noah Do for earning a perfect score of 36 on the ACT. Jan 8, 2019.