Dolphins defeat Knights in rescheduled game

Junior+Myles+Alston+%28%231%29+runs+past+Kellam+players+at+Kellam+High+School+on+Sept.+4.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Junior Myles Alston (#1) runs past Kellam players at Kellam High School on Sept. 4.

Abigail Hicks

Abigail Hicks

Abigail Hicks

Abigail Hicks, Staff Writer

Last week, varsity football took on the Kellam Knights in a 7 p.m. rescheduled game at Kellam High School.

The game was originally set for Friday, but due to Hurricane Dorian, the game was moved up to Wednesday.

In spite of the conditions of the game, the team was still able to pull off a 34-7 win. Some notable performances include a 27-yard Hail Mary pass caught by Logan Istre in the last six seconds of the first half, 199 collective rushing yards and two touchdowns from Kai Hodge, and the defensive line allowing zero offensive points.

“I feel that we played good that night. It didn’t really matter that we only had two days to practice prior to the game,” said senior player Savion Odom. “We have great coaches and great players.”

Their next game will take place at home against Landstown on Sept. 13 at 7 p.m.

“I feel that we’re going to do great in the upcoming games; our goal is to go 15-0,” said Savion.