ACOTAR: a book series of faeries, forgiveness, love and war

The+A+Court+of+Thorns+and+Roses+series%2C+written+by+Sarah+J.+Maas%2C+a+popular+author+of+many+books.+Taken+on+March+27%2C+2024.+
Sophia Ventura
The ‘A Court of Thorns and Roses’ series, written by Sarah J. Maas, a popular author of many books. Taken on March 27, 2024.

“A Court of Thorns and Roses,” also known as “ACOTAR” is a thrilling book series, written by Sarah J. Maas, that showcases a young girl, Feyre, who discovers how to live with the faerie people of Prythian after killing a wolf to keep her family fed.

The plot keeps its audience bathed in emotion. 

My favorite characters include Feyre, who has a heart of gold but has to turn fierce for her family’s sake. Her character is based on the need to help others, while also trying to do the right thing. 

Rhysand, another favorite, is the definition of charming. He uses jokes to deal with his past, all while taking care of the people he loves. He would do anything for them, even sacrificing himself. 

The book series comes to life with each book read; the details are immaculate, making it easy fir the reader to visualize a fantasy world of people with amazing powers. 

The tense scenes of Feyre when she was trapped Under the Mountain, the war on Hybren and the breaking of Feyre’s bond with her mate were all scenes and stories that kept the reader guessing what would happen next, creating an emotional rollercoaster with each chapter.  

Many parts of every book elicit laughter, such as the many snide comments, and the party for all of the friends in the inner circle, such as Azreil, Cassian, Mor and Amren. However, other parts such as deaths, the toll of war and the hardships of love made me cry uncontrollably.

Out of all five books, the third book, “A Court of Wings and Ruin,” was my favorite. Focusing on war and love, it was the most emotional book of them all. 

My least favorite book would be the last, “A Court of Silver Flames. Though still a solid book in the series, the perspective was for two different, minor characters, and I liked the main characters more. 

Out of a scale of 1-10, I would genuinely rate this book series a 10/10. A mix of romance, action and mystery, Sarah J. Maas used her writing genius to make an amazing series, with 11 other books written in the same universe. 

This book series is famous, especially on “BookTok.” Hulu has announced the making of a TV series about it, for which I cannot wait.