Creepy characters entertain Hunt Club Farm guests

Photography student Demario Lawes captures the mood of the attractions, Haunted Forest, at Hunt Club Farm on a recent photography field trip to the farm on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023. Photo used with permission from Demario Lawes.

As fall begins, many local businesses introduce spooky-themed attractions to get people into the Halloween spirit.

“My favorite Halloween attraction is Hunt Club Farm’s Village of the Dead,” said sophomore and Hunt Club scare actor Adrien Fultz. “I like how it’s set up; I think that the actors in the scene are really amazing, and it’s also where my scene is.”

Haunted Hunt Club Farm is one of the most popular in town. They offer four separate-themed haunts, including Terror Town Haunted Hayride, Death Alley, Forbidden Fields and Village of the Dead. 

“We were hiding behind the spinning tunnel,” said freshman Rayon Sibunga, who went to the Haunted Hunt Club Farm with his photography class.  “We kept scaring people who passed by.”

Haunted Hunt Club Farm remains open until Tuesday, Oct. 31.

“People should go to Hunt Club because they will get scared one way or another,” said Adrien. “The effort and actors’ ability to stay in character make it super enjoyable and scary.”

Outside of seasonal attractions, Hunt Club has a variety of year-round activities geared towards all ages. For example, its petting farm has a vast selection of animals that guests can feed and interact with. Outside of the petting zoo, there is also a bird aviary where guests can closely interact with over 500 birds and parakeets.

Alongside the petting zoo, Hunt Club offers a unique experience called TreeWalk Adventure, one of three in the country. Guests may walk through the Hunt Club Farms treetops through netted bridges as they enjoy a view of Hunt Club and the area surrounding it.

Hunt Club is a very popular location for school field trips, where students can go all around the farm and participate in activities like the hayride, pumpkin patch, and petting zoo. On Oct. 27, 30 photography students visited Hunt Club Farm.

“It’s a student favorite place to go. I thought it would be a great setting for photography with all the haunted houses and forest,” said photography teacher Alissa McCullough.