Concert season rolls around to the Beach

Erin Broderick
The Jonas Brothers perform at The Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater on Oct. 9, 2021. They plan to return to the Beach July 21, 2024.

The sun shines bright, and the temperature is a perfect 80 degrees; concert season approaches. 

Music shakes the stage as guests sing and dance. The Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater is a front for numerous concerts that host 20,000 guests at each event, according to virginiabeachamphitheater.com.

“I always try to go to concerts whenever I can,” said sophomore Gracie Wilson. “Spring sports sometimes get in the way of that though.”

Concert season typically starts at the beginning of spring, and it lasts until summer. Spring break allows people to see artists for the first time of the year, which gets them pumped for more to come during the summer.

Artists like Hozier, Tyler Childers and 21 Savage are expected at the Amphitheater in 2024. Ticket prices range from $47 to $1,329, according to The Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater. 

“I think it’s ridiculous that you have to pay so much to see somebody in concert, but it would be worth it to see your idol that close, live in concert,” said sophomore Sam Patterson.

While ticket prices may be excessive for an up-close experience, the environment and memories made can be worth the expenses.

“My favorite people to go to concerts with are my brothers,” said senior Landen Hoover. “We have such similar tastes in music it is always so fun.”

Going to concerts with the most enjoyable people, rather than going alone or with unfamiliar faces can make the time worthwhile. Friends and family can contribute to memorable experiences.

Book tickets now, before it is too late.