Dolphins defeat the Chiefs

Boys lacrosse take home another win
Jade McAboy
Junior Shawn Madsen and senior Luke Ruble claim the ball against Kempsville at Ocean Lakes High School on April 12, 2024.

Continuing their streak, boys varsity lacrosse took home another win against the Kempsville Chiefs on April 12, 2024, with a score of 7-4. 

Moments into the first quarter, senior Luke Ruble scored the first goal of the game, later securing another. 

¨It always feels good being able to contribute in a team sport, and it being the first goal, puts the team in motion, giving us momentum and bringing the morale up,” said Ruble. 

Following his lead, junior Shawn Madsen scored two goals, while junior Daniel Shattuck scored three. 

“We played the best we had all season. I thought our defense played physical and was phenomenal,” said Madsen. 

With six saves against the Chiefs´ offense, senior Teagen Alexander helped bring the team to victory. 

¨Stopping the other team from scoring by making a save gives me a sense of pride in my team,¨ said Teagen.¨We have come a long way, and every week, we are getting better and better.¨

According to varsity coach Spence Perry, junior Vinny Dinh played an exceptional job at attack even though he typically plays defensive midfielder. 

“We go into every game with the attitude that we should win. We played great all four quarters, and the result showed,” said Perry. 

Currently ranked as No. 3 in the district, boys varsity lacrosse will play against the Cox Falcons, who are ranked No. 1, on April 13, 2024, at Cox High School at 7 p.m.