Fins, dazzled in midnight magic

From left to right: seniors Vanessa De La Cruz, Toni G Hill and Reyhan Akkale immerse themselves in the midnight magic of prom held at the Virginia Beach Convention Center on June 8, 2024. The decorations, prepared by English teachers and class sponsors Thomas Stewart and Shelby Wyatt, added to the magical night. Photo used with permission from Jayden Egan.

Just under 400 seniors celebrated prom from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Virginia Beach Convention Center on June 8, 2024.

Provided by Astro Events, prom included a DJ and a photo booth. This year’s theme was “midnight magic” and entry cost $70.

The food consisted of chicken tenders, pretzel bites, mac and cheese bites, a cheesecake bar and plenty of desserts.

“We went with food we think the students would like,” said English teacher and class of 2024 co-sponsor Thomas Stewart.

According to Stewart, students danced the entire time and loved the refreshments.

When voting for prom court ended at 9 p.m., winners were announced: Sophia Madinabeitia and Peyton Mayer, Kaia Jackson and Madison Monroe.

“My favorite part of prom was being able to dance and let loose as we head toward graduation,” said senior Kaia Jackson.